Saturday, May 28, 2011

Painter's Block

I haven't "blogged" since Cinco de Mayo apparently.  It just isn't a habit with me yet.  I admire those who have the time and the inclination to keep up with their blogging. 
I typically would have produced at least two more dog paintings by now.  But I am stuck on one dog.  I started him several weeks ago..and he's still not done!  I'm not happy with him.  And I don't know how to proceed.  There is such a thing as "over painting", and I'm close to it. 
The owner of the dog did see the painting..and she said she likes it.  But the problem is, I don't.  I'm ready to just start all over.  But I will press on and finish what I started. 
After he's done, I can't wait to paint more dogs.  They might pose some problems too, but at least it will be a 'different' dog.  Here he is, for better or worse..

No comments:

Post a Comment