Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Craft Fair Memories

I am going to be in a craft fair in November, and I'm so excited.  Currently, I do all my sales off my Rhoadworks.Etsy site.  And I am addicted to checking my email, and touching base with my customers via email.  After all these years (6 years plus) I still love the process of designing on the computer, printing, cutting out, and pressing.  But..
I miss the personal contact with customers.  There's nothing like sitting behind a table of your wears and watching people stroll by.  As it happens, some of my designs are humorous.


To see folks smile or giggle at my designs is like getting a pat on the back for me.
When someone says "Awh! That's adorable.", they've just given me confirmation that what I'm doing is worthwhile.

If any of you reading this are thinking about getting into business with what you've created.  Try selling it at craft fairs first.  It's a good, and inexpensive way to get feedback on your product.  I made the mistake of starting out with my own web page.  Most of the time it's wasted money, and not necessary.
I can't say enough good things about Etsy.  After hearing "what store do you sell these in?" over and over, I decided to sell on line.  And I actually do sell my onesies in a few gift shops.  I continue to be amazed at how far reaching my market is.  I've sold to customers, through Etsy, to England, Australia, Canada, and even Hong Kong and Mayalsia.

November can't get here quick enough.  I'm ready to set up my table, put out my onesies and enjoy the show.  The sales are so simple.  Customers like what they see, hand you some money, and you literally hand them their order.  No shipping envelopes or postage.  I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment